How many cryptocurrency exchanges are there? - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Consignee

How many cryptocurrency exchanges are there?

I have tried searching this information. Didn't find in coinmarketcap, I think I am missing this information coinmarketcap must have this information. Do anyone know where can I find this information or at least an approx idea about how many cryptocurrency exchanges are there? I would really appreciate that.

• Useful or interesting 13
  • +1 10
  • +2 4
  • +3 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 4

https://coinmarketcap.com/rankings/exchanges/

You will see list of exchange but I cannot tell if you will get total number of exchanges existed so far in the crypto world.

I have seen Biance and Kucoin there so for me it has all LOL

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 5
  • +2 2
  • +4 2
  • +5 1

A lot of exchanges close too because of hacks or were exit scam in the first place...

@xBDT Script I believe there are a lot more exchanges. For example Tokpie exchange isn't mentioned on that list.

• +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 2
  • +4 1

https://coinmarketcap.com/#
you can see here the list of exchanges in the community.

Though, not all exchanges are here, there are some that still not listed!

CMC has their own rules before listing on their website that is why there are many that not listed.

It is difficult to know the exact number of them like alternative coins, we dont know how many currency we have now.

Strange, but we must have tracking of all exchanges I think. I have searched on google and didn't found anything related to this. It would certainly be good to have stats on this. That sucks.

• +3 1
  • +4 1

What we need to have is the most important to us.

If you are like me who joined bounties you will bump to many exchanges and created account due to the team decision.

Dont count the exchanges, just uses them for good.

Day by day is more and more, but question is how many can stan up in long-run.

I know for BTC when price was 200$, and I remember just few exchange in that time which work now too.

- Yobit 

- Poloniex

- Bittrex

I have (I thing all users have) problem with Cryptopia but I will write about that especially.

One thing I can suggest to all (which I learn on hard way), never but never dont hold all your cryptocurrency on exchange no metter if you think that exchange is safe never putt all coins in exchange. Deposit only coin which you want to trade and try to withdraw as fast as possible, exchange is not wallet you dont have private keys remember that. Mt.gox, Cryptopia, Novaexchange, QuadrigaCX etc. you guys have many examples, again dont use exchange like wallet.

• +1 1
  • +2 3

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

9 hours ago, phabulu said:

Yes, A lot of exhcnages can be found on this link, but not all exchanges are listed on Coinmarketcap, I think that isn't have any toll to track all exchanges nowadays.

Yes true that there will be a lot of exchanges those are missing but chances are those exchanges are non-existence of may be a scam one.

Anyone can buy a script and launch an exchange with the hope of phishing others coins. Will you go with them or rather go with one which has some recognition?

• +1 5
  • +4 1

I think we won't get any accurate information about how many crypto exchanges exist. The cryptocurrency exchanges are too many, even coinmarketcap cannot display them all, below 300 exchanges only.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

l3.gif.db5b995a6e73a149ffa675fb3c0c585f.gif

If you believe Coinmarketcap then there are 285 exchanges. And then I saw that there are some doubles or branches like Binance Uganda. I think up to 400 exchanges will be typed. Coingecko publishes a list of 370 exchanges on its website!

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +5 1

LOTS of them, but the question is how many of them are really needed and are good

maybe 10 is the max number I can say

I actually use only 2, yobit and binance

It is difficult to determine the exact number of exchanges at any one moment since these do not need to register with any centralised authority.  doing some search using google i found that more than  500 cryptocurrency exchanges exist and  259 of these exchanges are tracked on CoinMarkeCap and 370 onn coingecko. im not sure about this info 

• +1 2
  • +3 1

You will not be able to see all transactions because there are transactions done on platforms not listed on the market cap
If you want to withdraw transactions you can do this through blockchain example Bitcoin

Every day new ICOs appear that develop cryptocurrency exchange.

Even Coinmarketcap has stopped indexing them all. They only index 285 exchanges.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

You can search for information on exchanges on Coinmarketcap. It will not be complete because Coinmarketcap has requirements before being listed. However, the number of exchanges you find is also very numerous.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

On 9/29/2019 at 5:00 PM, cryptokram said:

https://coinmarketcap.com/#
you can see here the list of exchanges in the community.

Though, not all exchanges are here, there are some that still not listed!

CMC has their own rules before listing on their website that is why there are many that not listed.

It is difficult to know the exact number of them like alternative coins, we dont know how many currency we have now.

I totally agree with you. You can check it there is the best site for now, because trading crypto is a very risky thing for a beginner

• -1 1
  • +1 1

Altcoin and Bitcoin exchanges
"The good, the bad, and the ugly."
1szb.com
1Ex.trade
247exchange.com
24change.com
796.com
Alcurex.org
alfacashier.com
Alts.trade
Anxpro.com
askcoin.net
Basebit.com.br
bit2c.co.il
Bitebi9.com
bitex.la
Bitbay.net
bitcoin.de
bitcoin.co.id
bitcointoyou.com
Bitcurex.com
Bitfinex.com
bitflyer.jp
bitkonan.com
bitmex.com
bitnz.com
bitonic.nl
Bitorado.com
bitso.com
bitstamp.net
Bittrex.com
bittylicious.com
bitx.co/market
Bleutrade.com
bloombit.net
bt.cx
btc2day.cz
btc38.com
btc100.com
btcbox.co.jp
btcchina.com
btc-e.com
btcexchange.ph
btcgreece.com
btcpool.exchange
btctrader.com (white label)
btcxchange.ro
Bter.com
Blaketrader.com
bx.in.th
c-cex.com
campbx.com
ccedk.com
cex.io
chameleonbit.trade
chbtc.com
clevercoin.com
coinbase.com
coincheck.jp
Coinffeine.com
coinfloor.co.uk
coingather.com
coinmate.io
coingather.com
coinomat.com
coinsbank.com
coinspot.com.au
coinsquare.io
cryptofresh.com/assets
cryptomic.com
cryptonit.net
cryptopia.co.nz
dashcurex.com
ecoin.eu
empirex.ch
empoex.com
ExchangeD.I2P  (anonymous. Requires i2p)
exmo.com
eXrates.me
fortunejack.com/exchange
gdax.com
gemini.com
hitbtc.com
huobi.com
ice3x.co.za
Iconomi.net
indacoin.com
itbit.com
jubi.com
justcoin.com
kraken.com
leoxchange.com
litebit.eu
livecoin.net
localbitcoins.com (p2p)
loyalbit.com
melotic.com
mercuryex.com
metaexchange.info
mexbt.com
monatr.jp
monetago.com
mycellium wallet (p2p)
negociecoins.com.br
nix-e.com
okcoin.com
poloniex.com
quadrigacx.com
quoine.com
shapeshift.io
southxchange.com
therocktrading.com
trader.flowbtc.com
usecryptos.com
vaultoro.com
vircurex.com
yobit.net
yuanbaohui.com
yunbi.com
zaif.jp

Exchanges Coming Soon or In Beta

Bcexchange.org

Open Source Exchange Software
https://github.com/peatio/peatio

CAUTION: appear Unattended or Offline "temporarily," or other problems are known
bloombit.net  - user reports of withdrawals not working. Image https://imgur.com/iiae4du
novaexchange.com in maintenance as of 16 May 2016

Dead exchanges (date we noticed them offline. We only check periodically.)

safecex.com - May 27, 2016, they were offline. Here is last chatbox entries taken from Cloudflare cache.
coinbroker.io - on 12/20/2015, deposited coins were not posting. No reply from customer service. Offline on 27 May 2016.
gatecoin.com - Announced they were hacked May 14, lost $2M in BTC/ETH funds.
Bitebi9.com - 6 May 2016, site cannot be reached. Site returned by May 14. Added back to list.
zhgtrade.com - 4/11/2016, displayed an error message.
ex-crypto.com - 4/11/2016, cloudflare error message
dgex.com "2015-07-29 DGEX closes trading operations."
counterwallet.co - 4/11/2016 domain suspension
Coins-e.com.  3/28/2016 After several months of reports of no
support 
and failed deposits/withdrawals, site was completely offline today.
Altquick.co Offline due to hack around March 17, 2016. Redirects to Bitquick.co
Bitquick.co Offline due to hack around March 17, 2016. Site Message.
Bitin.io3/28/2016 Displayed a message exchange has shut down.
Vixtrade.net, maintenance mode for weeks after a message saying customer balances were bad. On 9 March 2016 we call them dead.
alterdice.com, server not found, 2/26/2016
crown-ex.com, server not found, 2/25/2016
Coinorium.com, server not found, 2/25/2016
Coin.mx, appeared be be down due to a federal investigation. 2/25/2016
Askcoin.net, server not found, 2/25/2016.   Added back to list on March 3, 2015 because they came back.
Ybex.com, redirects to yuanbaohui.com, 2/25/2016
Coinsetter.com, redirects to Kraken.com, 2/25/2016
Cavirtex.com, redirects to Kraken.com after acquisisition., 2/25/2016
Cryptsy.com, hack announced Jan. 15, 2015. Bitcoin and LTC stolen. http://pastebin.com/Rx2uscgN.
ecoinfund.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015
europex.eu  offline when checked 12/20/2015
exbito.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015. Scam accusations began as early April 2014.
globobit.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015
netagio.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015
ccnex.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015
coinport.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015
lazycoins.com  offline when checked 12/20/2015
vaultex.io  offline when checked 12/20/2015
Upbit.org  12/20/2015 site appears offline.
Yacuna.com.  12/20/2015 message says they are closing down.
Masterxchange.com 12/20/2015, home page says they are closing.
Allcoin.com, 12/20/2015, a message on home pagesays they sold out. Promising withdrawals in future.
Bityes.com Message on home page 12/20/2015 announced merger with huobi.
Altmarket.com, never got off the ground in 2015. Url now forwards to bitmex.com
Coinmkt.com, message on home page on 12/20/2015 says domain being retired.
fobcoin.com, offline when we checked 12/20/2015
crypteon.net, offline when we checked 12/20/2015
cryptotrade.exchange, offline when when we checked 23 aug 2015.
Altbitex.com, was alive in July 2015, but dead when we checked in march, 2016 (probably much earlier than that).
Comkort.com, announced 1 June 2015 that it will close by July 2015.
nxt-e.com, offline on May 3 2015, when we checked.
http://cryptotrade.exchange, offline on May 3 2015, when we checked.
coldcryptos.com, On May 3 2015. Msg said offline since March 28, when a disk failed and all wallets were lost. No backup. Alejandro Caballero accepted blame
"During late night of past March 28, one of my main server hard drives started to fail. By the time the datacenter guys went to replace it, the backup disk failed."
Bit-street.com, noticed offline 26 April, 2015. Unreachable.
rockytrade.net, noticed them offline on April 22, 2015.
exco.in, said they were going temporarily offline on March 15, but we call them dead on 15 April 2015.
btc-market.org, noticed offline on 7 April 2015, disorderly closing.
buttercoin.com, Plans to go offline on April 10, 2015.
penny-alts.co.uk, Offline when checked 26 March 2015.
crypto-trade.com, Offline when we checked 26 March 2015.
cryptobec.com, Offline when we checked 26 March 2015.
coingateway.net, Offline when we checked 26 March 2015.
coinfresh.com, Offline when we checked 26 March 2015.
coinaccel.com, Offline when we checked 26 March 2015.
xnigma.com, Offline when we checked 26 March 2015.
bynergy.com, Offline when we checked 25 March 2015.
betasharex.com, Offline when we checked 25 March 2015.
cryptoine.com, March 24,2015: "Our hot wallets was drained." Offering to refund 40% of bitcoin.
swisscex.com, March 10 closed all trading and announced their settlement plan
Allcrypt.com; March 10 blog post said they were going offline on March 31, remove all coins. Then https://i.imgur.com/4hN8fad.png[/img]Allcrypt was reportedly hacked before going offline.
coin-swap.net; On March 8 we noticed a message telling users to remove coins, exchange is closing on March 22, 2015.
cryptorush.in; reported dead by a reader on March 3, 2015.
Cavirtex.com; Feb 17, 2015, announced an "orderly" closing of the exchange.
Bter.com;  offline following a hack that stole 7k btc, Feb 14, 2015. Site came back online.
Coinano.com, noticed on Oct 1 2014
mintpal.com, Oct 14, 2014 - disorderly closing
rapidcx.com, On Oct. 16, 2014, announced an orderly closing by October 31, 2014.
palth.net, On Oct 19, 2014, I am flagging Palth.net as a zombie exchange. Many reports of coins not arriving, no support. Noticed it offline on 20 Dec. 2014.
mcxnow.com,  On October 27, 2014, we noticed the message, "Withdraw all coins by November 15 2014"
subtoshi.com, Noticed a message on Oct 27, 2014, that said, "Trading will be disabled on October 31st.",
x-bt.com, announced Oct 31 2014, that they are shutting down. Withdraw coins
cryptokopen.eu, noticed them offline on Nov 4, 2014.
alt2bit.com, on 11/13/14 I noticed a message on their site saying they would begin winding down starting 3 Nov 2014.
cryptilla.com, on 21 Dec 2014 announced closing on 26 Dec. Coins will be stored for withdrawal for 3 months.
vaultofsatoshi.com, announced 5 Jan 2015 they would  close 5 February 2015
Swaphole.com, noticed them gone on 6 Jan 2015. Url is dead.
crypto-trade.com, late January, 2015, posted they would be down for 3 months for a "complete transformation."
mtmox.com, never quite got off the ground. Stupid name.

Here is an article about other defunct Bitcoin exchanges that pre-date this list.

Consolidation:
Clevercoin exchange is acquired by Kraken, announced 28 June 2016.
Banx.io On 4-11-2016, now redirects to cryptomic.com
Kraken acquires Coinsetter.com, announced 19 January 2016.
Cavirtex is acquired by Coinsetter, announced 16 April, 2015
Banx.io acquires Atomic-trade.com, announced 14 Feb, 2015
Paycoin purchased coin-swap in January, 2014.
Anxpro.com purchased Justcoin.com in Nov 2014, and Coinmkt.com in January 2015.

Other Lists of Exchanges
http://minkiz.co/exchange
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/markets/info
http://exchangewar.info/

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +3 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

3 minutes ago, Jajak said:

I totally agree with you. You can check it there is the best site for now, because trading crypto is a very risky thing for a beginner

even for the old timer, the risk is always at our way!

4 minutes ago, HammadAli said:

219,111 contracts can be found out on etherscan in the section of just ERC 20 tokens. I dont know whether these are the number of tokens or not.

They might be all contracts of tokens in ERc-20 but we must know that not all contract went through as some are created to be their sample before getting their final token.

1 hour ago, bestprofi said:

Every day new ICOs appear that develop cryptocurrency exchange.

Even Coinmarketcap has stopped indexing them all. They only index 285 exchanges.

They never stop! there is a requirement to list a project to their platform.

It may be an exchange or a token/coin, the requirement should be meet first!

Wow jak3 great list of exchanges, I wonder how much time and effort it took to compile that list with all live and dead exchanges. Who would think that there are so much of them. Hope they will survive more

• +2 1
  • +3 1

57 minutes ago, The Dictator said:

But I'm happy with you, you did your best. If people are lazy to open CMC, then look at this post.

Lol finding the answer from three long page is much harder then finding it from CMC. One just need to visit the site, go to exchange tab and then press next, next, next and that's it!

Count the number or you even do not need to. They already have the number LOL

Shor cut: 3coinmarketcap.com/rankings/exchanges/3/

😆

• +1 1
  • +3 1

I don't think there is a specific answer to that as exchanges are made everyday others scams others Legit, even if you do a web crawling you cant find all of them since others probably not yet indexed on search engines. why do you want to know anyway?

On 9/29/2019 at 8:39 AM, Consignee said:

I have tried searching this information. Didn't find in coinmarketcap, I think I am missing this information coinmarketcap must have this information. Do anyone know where can I find this information or at least an approx idea about how many cryptocurrency exchanges are there? I would really appreciate that.

You can find this information here: https://www.worldcoinindex.com/exchange
It also gives you the approximate amount of volume for the last 24 hours, last 7days and last 30 days. It also tells you how many different coins they have listed. It's very useful information.

• +2 2

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin