Stable coins $$$ - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Stable coins $$$

Stable coins  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What Stable coins you like and use?

• Tether USDT
    • Maker Dao
    • Havven
    • TrueUSD
    • Gemini Dollar GUSD
    • I will use Libra (in future)
    • Gold Token
    • Paxos PAX
    • USD Coin USDC
    • None - I don't use any stable coins

What Stable coins are you using and why you like it?

Please VOTE and write your experiences, advantages and reasons you use or don't use them.

249d99abb3184e034cbd4fe332811e77.jpeg
b40a6240899cf229da7e29e6002a5de1.jpg

Please VOTE and write feedback

Edited by hexwin

Okay I must say I was surprised to see all those coins. I was only thinking USDT and few others like Libra are few stable coins but I had no idea that the list is that long!

This is a drawback for long term BTC holders LOL. They seems don't care about any other coins at all 😃

21 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Okay I must say I was surprised to see all those coins. I was only thinking USDT and few others like Libra are few stable coins but I had no idea that the list is that long!

This is a drawback for long term BTC holders LOL. They seems don't care about any other coins at all 😃

They can be useful in times for big dumps, for people who are not great in trading, or if they dont have so much time to spend to move Bitcoin to FIAT and vice versa.

You can filter all stable coins in CoinGecko and see more information about them:

https://www.coingecko.com/en?category_id=36&view=market

6 minutes ago, hexwin said:

You can filter all stable coins in CoinGecko and see more information about them:

https://www.coingecko.com/en?category_id=36&view=market

Thanks buddy for the link.

I know stable coins are useful but thing is I never was worried about my BTC and not worry about them now either. My holding are for long terms. $50k ish is my target price LOL

4 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Thanks buddy for the link.

I know stable coins are useful but thing is I never was worried about my BTC and not worry about them now either. My holding are for long terms. $50k ish is my target price LOL

I am thinking similar like you if we talk about Bitcoin, but I do have some Ethereum income, and part of it is nice to swap for USDC, Paxos or TUSD tokens 😉

You can VOTE, as I provided most possible options

Edited by hexwin

1 minute ago, hexwin said:

You can VOTE, as I provided most possible options

I have gone for USDT since I have no idea about other LOL

And seems like I am the only one so far made a vote in your pool 😃

1 minute ago, xBDT Script said:

I have gone for USDT since I have no idea about other LOL

And seems like I am the only one so far made a vote in your pool 😃

There is also options for NONE and Other,

and I just created this topic.

Maybe moderators could make voting a bit more visible

Everyone please VOTE if you can, so we can know are members of CryptoTalk using stable coins, and what they used most 

The only stable coin I used was tether, at some point when I need to stable coin altcoin for getting profit provably it was January 2018, I sold my altcoin for BTC then swapped with tether to ensure my profit is safe. Otherwise, I don't use stable coin.

Facebook is not crazy when it is staring its own stable coin,

that is why we should realise importance of stable coins before they start so we can have good decentralised options.

49 minutes ago, hexwin said:

that is why we should realise importance of stable coins before they start so we can have good decentralised options.

I don't know what you are referring, stable coins are only needed if someone wants liquidity of their profit or asset as I mentioned earlier in the above post. However, since stable coins are backed by nothing in reality, I feel its very risky if someone holds stable coin for long time.

11 minutes ago, Consignee said:

I don't know what you are referring, stable coins are only needed if someone wants liquidity of their profit or asset as I mentioned earlier in the above post. However, since stable coins are backed by nothing in reality, I feel its very risky if someone holds stable coin for long time.

Why do you think everyone is creating stable coins then?

Think about it 😉

There can be no active market today without stable coins...

Tether is crap, and manipulated, but Libra and others will be even worse

I recently used Maker Dai as part of a learning course and didn't get it at all. It somehow swaps eth for Dai. It all seems to be geared towards using crypto to create debt. Even half understanding it its hard to see the point for your everyday trader.

There are few coins which are stable in the market, they move very slowly, but almost every time they are stable, they didnot give you any loss.

Hard Worker 😎😎

38 minutes ago, Saqib Ali Sadiq said:

There are few coins which are stable in the market, they move very slowly, but almost every time they are stable, they didnot give you any loss.

People use stable coin to avoid loss or take their profit. Although the chance is low, but it's very risky to stable coins at the end. It has nothing backed up in reality, no community as well. Controlled by some persons.

Most of the people are using Tether USDT for now.

You can still VOTE and say if you are using some other coin and why you prefer it.

Im using USDT (Tether) eversince just for convertion to make my capital in Trading stable and not subjected to any fluctuation in value, after im done with my trading session for that day i was converted back to USDT, But if the Market candlestick are showing some positive sign I let it stay in BTC in hoping to add more value in $USD if the price of BTC was up.

Better watch out for USDT Tether!

They are investigated yet again and sued by the NYC AG.

I would not keep anything in Tether

stable coins have always been a strange case to me... their existance has so few uses and they are not even real crypto as they are not decentralized or with prices following the laws of the market... I think most of them are part of schemes...

I have used one or two of them a couple of times just to safeguard my value during a dump... but besides that I don' use them

You should better get rid off your 'favorite stable coin' as it is being investigated again,
and Tether ship is soon going to sink

2012 GIF

Do not spend a time on something that is already created.Here is the list of dead and scam coins, you can add here your list, if those coins are not already listed here

9 minutes ago, lovesybitz said:

Have you try all this mate, and does this coin that gave is really effective? I do not know about them to tell you the truth, except for crypto trading of course, but on this not yet. 

No I have not tried and used all of them.
I used Delta, Blockfolio and one website based portoflio trackers - Coinlib 
https://coinlib.io/

Stable coins are just for short term use.

Edited by hexwin