Metamask wallet - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Metamask wallet

MetaMask Brings Ethereum Wallet to Mobile as It Releases a ...

QvD1pTjdMaBuLQnyNHaLSIvssFUAIvRUMshzEOESEfZeSQd7smwzPNsraHMsrNLybJBd73vXmA=w640-h400-e365

Best wallet you can use for Ethereum and all ethereum based Tokens is Metamask.

Metamask not only stores your crypto as browser extension,

but it also protects you from many phishing websites.

Very easy to use.

Download extension (for Chrome, or Firefox browser)

and Generate your seed (and save it on paper backup)

Watch video for full instruction 👆

https://metamask.io/

Edited by hexwin
  • Useful or interesting 8
  • +1 5
  • +2 3
  • +3 6
  • +4 1
  • +5 5

Metamask is a good wallet, because you can use it with only install the browser extension. Any eth address with private key can be imported to metamask wallet too.

Just keep aware about the fake extension impersonating metamask.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 2
  • +5 1

l3.gif.db5b995a6e73a149ffa675fb3c0c585f.gif

5 hours ago, phabulu said:

The bad thing is that a few tokens we need to put the contract address manually, because it didn't update automatically like a few mobile wallets

It's not so hard to add a token manually, you need the contract address, decimal, and ticker. That's enough. why do you find it as bad? I think it's good. No need to have tons of shit tokens automatically shown up in my address.

• +1 2
  • +2 3
  • +3 2
  • +4 1

There are other alternatives to Metamask wallet like MEW - MyEtherWallet  and others,

but no other wallet have phishing protection like Metmask have, and that is extra layer of protection.

• -1 1
  • +1 1
  • +3 2

17 hours ago, gabbie2010 said:

My favorite ethereum wallet is metamask I was previously a fan of myetherwallet until I bumped on metamask its features is second to none and its user interface was simple and easy to use and outright  solution to preventing phishings sites which is common to myetherwallet it ability to store many coins apart from ethereum is an added advantage.

Yeah, i remember there was a DNS hijacking event in the past, many users of myetherwallet has been hacked. Metamask is one of the solution to avoid phishing sites of myetherwallet, no need to using private key to send tokens.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +3 2

l3.gif.db5b995a6e73a149ffa675fb3c0c585f.gif

18 hours ago, hexwin said:

There are other alternatives to Metamask wallet like MEW - MyEtherWallet  and others,

but no other wallet have phishing protection like Metmask have, and that is extra layer of protection.

I am still using MEW for storing my ERC tokens and never knew about Metamask wallet and its security. Can we open an online wallet on their site without installing any apps on mobiles.

I am afraid if I lost mobile then all will get lost. BTW how many wallets do you use?

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

What are you talking about?

Metamask is browser extension.

If you save your seed and private key you can recover your wallet on any device you use.

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

I have rarely used this wallet, it has very good acceptance worldwide, what I am not used to is that it is online, it seems to me something dangerous, I always use it is the cold wallet.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

What do you mean Metamask is safer than 'cold' wallet?

Please be so kind and good and name one cold wallet you like most and compare it with Metamask

• +3 1

6 minutes ago, Fouaddoss said:

MetaMask is a bridge that allows you to visit the distributed web of tomorrow in your browser today. It allows you to run Ethereum dApps right in your browser without running a full Ethereum node.

MetaMask includes a secure identity vault, providing a user interface to manage your identities on different sites and sign blockchain transactions.

You can install the MetaMask add-on in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and the new Brave browser. If you’re a developer, you can start developing with MetaMask today.

Our mission is to make Ethereum as easy to use for as many people as possible.

Great work!
You are very good in using keyboard and copy/paste function. 
I must learn to do that also and make profit fast
image.thumb.png.a3264d801d509b91d0e2ed4635fc1b64.png

Edited by hexwin
  • +3 1

16 minutes ago, mostawda3 said:
Who are the best for you myetherwallet or Metamask
I tried myetherwallet for some Airdrop currencies
it was good
But I did not try Metamask

For me, Metamask.
It also protects people from scam phishing websites,
and I can contact them and add any scam website I find.

• +1 2

Yeah I would always choose Metamask and not MyEtherWallet,
but they are both good in fact., I just Like Metamask more because it has good Phishing protection

• +2 1

On 10/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, hexwin said:

But metamask is harder to use.When i started to join Airdrops i used metamask extension but it was too complicated.I think they should make everything more clear.

• +2 1

8 minutes ago, Grace said:

But metamask is harder to use.When i started to join Airdrops i used metamask extension but it was too complicated.I think they should make everything more clear.

What is so hard in Metamask....
Problem is not with Metamask and everything is clear and simple, that even a child can use it.
There are also so many tutorials for newvbies.... so only lazy people will say Metamsk is hard to use

Edited by hexwin

1 hour ago, hexwin said:

What is so hard in Metamask....
Problem is not with Metamask and everything is clear and simple, that even a child can use it.
There are also so many tutorials for newvbies.... so only lazy people will say Metamsk is hard to use

Yes it is hard to understand How things work.I have joined to a lot of Airdrops with it but they dont show in my wallet.I have to do something everytime to get my coin.I think they could show me them easily.

• +1 1

2 minutes ago, Grace said:

Yes it is hard to understand How things work.I have joined to a lot of Airdrops with it but they dont show in my wallet.I have to do something everytime to get my coin.I think they could show me them easily.

You can see every airdrop token on eth explorer... and you only need to add contract address for that token. Most of them are crap anyway and worth nothing so I don't bother with that  'airdrops', but I guess they can add this automatically.

Edited by hexwin
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

On 10/2/2019 at 1:02 AM, hexwin said:

QvD1pTjdMaBuLQnyNHaLSIvssFUAIvRUMshzEOESEfZeSQd7smwzPNsraHMsrNLybJBd73vXmA=w640-h400-e365

Very easy to use.

It is very good wallet especially when you connect it with MEW to have more security and the most greatest thing about it is that you can sign in to MEW without using your private key or even your public Address. 

I think everyone who want to join this crypto market, they should learn first Metamask wallet. It is easy, compatible a lot of things and secure. I think, I used Metamask a lot. A lot then any other wallet.

it is my one of the appeal wallet,.i use it for 2 years there's no problem. you can use it freely no problem.. best of luck

• +2 1

3 minutes ago, Mabdulkadir said:

Meta mask is a great wallet for only PC or desktop to save your tokens and all receive payment through it from exchange 

I think you have no idea about Metamask mobile app. I don't know if it is available for ios but I know & I am using its android version in my mobile phone also.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2

On 10/2/2019 at 5:13 PM, hexwin said:

But my friend said that metamask is difficult to use so i haven't try it. I just have my etherwallet (MEW) and don't have the other wallet until now. If you say that metamask is more safe, maybe there is no problem if i use it.

I also use a metamask wallet rather than a mew wallet or trust wallet. Metamask wallet is more secure to use that is why I am using metamask. 

On 10/2/2019 at 3:02 AM, hexwin said:

Very easy to use.

Meta mask is very nice wallet extension in web browsing, but I seggest to use it om mozila Firefox cause in chrome as I was download it the extension could not appear.

I just use this wallet only once, I was hired it from bsai.io cause they were recommend to withdraw bsai coin to that wallet extension only.

• +2 1

7 hours ago, Mabdulkadir said:

Yea you are right but to my thinking meta mask is an ether wallet as coinomic is for Android phone

Sorry I can't completely understand what you are saying. yes metamask is an Ethereum wallet. And no support other coins. And yes it has an official mobile app for android.

• +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +4 1