How to create MyEtherWallet (For Beginners) - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
cryptokram

How to create MyEtherWallet (For Beginners)

While it's okay to have a MEW wallet however it is always advised to use a hardware wallet also MetaMask can do the work.

Anyway, I was expecting an in forum tutorial isstead of the link 😊

• +1 1

13 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

While it's okay to have a MEW wallet however it is always advised to use a hardware wallet also MetaMask can do the work.

Anyway, I was expecting an in forum tutorial isstead of the link 😊

Hardware wallet similar to Ledger nano s is good but MEW on air-gapped computer is also not bad. Combination of both could make ETH feel to be in the armoured case.😊

• +4 1

Although metamask is better, I prefer using MEW, that's more user friendly I think than metamask. I was expecting an on forum tutorial but OP shared a link, good clickbait by the way.

• +2 1
  • +5 2

4 minutes ago, Consignee said:

hat's more user friendly I think than metamask.

Well beware about the phishing links and also the ICOs that will ask you to give them your private key LOL

There is the site https://mycrypto.com too. It's same like MEW. Try using it.

Metamask is really a good one, but i am good with my MEW wallet.

I never had a problem using it, i ahve plenty of it 🙂

Well they said and most whales do, if you have more than 500USD worth of cryptocurrency!

You need to invest with a ledger for better and safer wallet.

One thing I dont understand, do you just share link to tutorial how to create MyEtherWallet and you get comment "Great post" 😀

First when I read title I was thinking I will see whole tutorial here, how this how that etc. but when I open I only see link to some site with tutorial.

Secound, about "save your files and private keys" you forgot to write that MyEtherWallet "NOT RECOMMENDED" to access with those options.

I use MyEtherWallet and some things I dont understand and I would like to see here tutorial step by step not just link to some other site.

Peace

• +2 1
  • +4 1

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

There are many ways to use MyEtherWallet and how to create a cold wallet, I really believe that the link has one of many methods, but it is also a contribution.

• Useful or interesting 1

13 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

One thing I dont understand, do you just share link to tutorial how to create MyEtherWallet and you get comment "Great post" 😀

First when I read title I was thinking I will see whole tutorial here, how this how that etc. but when I open I only see link to some site with tutorial.

Secound, about "save your files and private keys" you forgot to write that MyEtherWallet "NOT RECOMMENDED" to access with those options.

I use MyEtherWallet and some things I dont understand and I would like to see here tutorial step by step not just link to some other site.

Peace

Did you ever click the link?

If the link I posted is wrong the you can rant me all the way. but is there any something worng?

Lemme guess, you want to post something or create a post but you can't think of thing that is why you are doing this?

MYETHERWALLET is one of thesafest wallet! well if you never use this! then you are the one who is losing and must never be trusted! get a life dude!

Just now, cryptokram said:

Did you ever click the link?

If the link I posted is wrong the you can rant me all the way. but is there any something worng?

Lemme guess, you want to post something or create a post but you can't think of thing that is why you are doing this?

MYETHERWALLET is one of thesafest wallet! well if you never use this! then you are the one who is losing and must never be trusted! get a life dude!

You dont know how to write tutorial or what?

"you want to post something" good point why you write all that when you could just to putt link and share something like this "This is post on some other site where you can see how to create MyEtherWallet" just that would be ok. I dont want to be rude or something else just want to tell you that you could do that (write tutorial) here with your own word not to share some link from some other site. Peace

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

The title said HOW TO CREATE, it doesnt mean tutorial at all,

The the link dont have the tutotial?

Did the link drives you in a wrong way?

That is why i didnt put TUTORIAL on the title!

Nothing wrong with title, OPnot saying if he want to share a tutorial. but he just sharing how to information. so dont be worry about this. i think this is not trolling, because link information is from original tutorial by dev. COntent like this is better than we are sharing tutorial but just plagiarized 

6 hours ago, cryptokram said:

The title said HOW TO CREATE, it doesnt mean tutorial at all,

The the link dont have the tutotial?

Did the link drives you in a wrong way?

That is why i didnt put TUTORIAL on the title!

If you don't mind, I think it would certainly be better if you had psted the tutorial here because if someone comes here from searching, he will not go to another website while if you would share the whole tutorial, they would be a member of this forum. No offense just saying.

How to Create a Wallet

If you are currently using a Hardware wallet (such as Ledger or Trezor) or another wallet service (such as MetaMask), this article is not for you. This is only for new users, looking to begin from scratch.
3 min read

MyEtherWallet (MEW) offers three ways to create a new ETH wallet.

Out of the three, we highly suggest creating your wallet with our smartphone app, MEWconnect. This is the best option for the security and safekeeping of your information. To learn more about creating your wallet with MEWconnect, click here.

The other two options we offer are by Keystore/JSON file and Mnemonic Phrase.
These are not recommended ways to create and access your wallet.

The following information is for those who wish to proceed, regardless of our warnings. If you’re going to do something, learn to do it safely. We highly suggest you access MEW offline when using these options.

Before we continue, a few words of caution:

• Never share this information with anyone. This information gives complete and permanent access to your wallet.
  • Do not keep this information on a device connected to the internet. Hackers can and will find it in your hard drive.
  • Choose strong passwords and write everything down, in multiple locations.
  • We cannot recover this information for you.

Keystore/JSON

Read more about what a Keystore/JSON file is here.

Step 1. Head to www.myetherwallet.com.

Step 2. Click ‘Create a New Wallet’.

Step 3. Choose the ‘By JSON File’ option.

Step 4. Enter a strong password, and write it down on paper.

• We cannot recover or reset your password for you. Write it down!

Step 5. Download your JSON File, preferably to a USB device.

• Do not open this file. It is meant to be used by our interface.

Step 6. Now you’re done, and ready to access your wallet!

Mnemonic Phrase

Read more about what a Mnemonic Phrase is here.

Step 1. Head to www.myetherwallet.com.

Step 2. Click ‘Create a New Wallet’.

Step 3. Choose the ‘By Mnemonic Phrase’ option.

Step 4. Enter a strong password, and write it down on paper.

• We cannot recover or reset your password for you. Write it down!

Step 5. Choose a 12 or 24 word phrase, and WRITE IT DOWN!

• Do not store this on your computer. It is meant to be written down multiple times.

Step 6. Now pass a quick test, and you’re done! You’re ready to access your wallet.

For more information on how to access your new wallet, click here.

This is what you will see once you click the link.

There is nothing wrong on the post and the title, The main purpose of this is to give information to people.

Like giving the exact link for them not to drive any where, If you dont like the post and then better not to comment or just put CONFUSE or SAD on the reaction!

I still using myetherwallet to create new ethereum address because it is the most simple eth wallet.

There are new version and vintage version, but the vintage version will be unusable anymore.

l3.gif.db5b995a6e73a149ffa675fb3c0c585f.gif

Sir moderator @epidemia is the new board tutorial just been up for a moment? i swear i just saw this if not just for this guy who quoted me! requesting for transfer to tutorial board!

2 minutes ago, Mad Robot said:

It's not the good board for that, there is a board called Tutorial for your topic. You should move it there.

Thanks for the reminder! big help bro!

You can make use of metamask in the browser or IMtoken in mobile phone application to accept eth and also altcoin, don't forget to keep the private key in a safe place.

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

Im using Trust and Atomic base on that list Its not on the list But im using also imtoken,EThos and Coinomi I rather choose a mobile base wallet for IOS and Android beside its light and handy you can carry it anytime you want.

45 minutes ago, fatimasaqib said:

i dont knw how to create myetherwalleti am beginner and so i will learn that how to create my ether wallet i am only working on this foru currently after that i will boost

I would advice you to get an hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger hardware wallet if you are big holder. Metamask is also save, all you have to do is download the add-on on your Firefox browser on your computer or phone. 

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.

On 9/28/2019 at 7:18 PM, Consignee said:

Although metamask is better, I prefer using MEW, that's more user friendly I think than metamask. I was expecting an on forum tutorial but OP shared a link, good clickbait by the way.

can you be able to store your differen coins on these wallet like metamask

Do you know, the same private key of any ethereum erc20 also can use to get a new tron address, please try it if u don't believe.

53 minutes ago, nosipho said:

what is required for one to have metamask or myetherwallet

As i know, we just an internet connection to make a wallet on MyEtherWallet, just as simple as that mates.