HashFlare
jwinterm

Closed giveaway topic when I still want to comment

Someone closed my XMR giveaway thread, but I wanted to comment again because the winner didn't post a valid XMR address, it is a payment ID. Most likely he wants coins sent to poloniex, but part of the rules were that he had to post a valid XMR address, not payment ID. So, I wanted to give him a day or three, and if he doesn't reply, then I will choose next closest person as winner, but I can't, because someone locked my thread.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, bvalis said:

i just unlocked it.

think matt locked it

Yep was me who locked it, sorry it had an auto lock setup after it was announced. All Sorted :)

Speaking of closing/locking topics, does it make sense to give thread creators the ability to lock topics (not just mods), as is the case on shitcointalk? Afaict I can't lock my own threads right now.

That would start censorship.

I'm against that, I'm against locking threads at all.

Everyone should be heard, no matter how fucking retarded they are.

A thread should only be closed if it has nothing to discuss (shitcointalk kinda) or the majority of the community that knows of that post wants it closed. (giveaway closed 100%)

triggered

12 hours ago, Username said:

That would start censorship.

I'm against that, I'm against locking threads at all.

Everyone should be heard, no matter how fucking retarded they are.

A thread should only be closed if it has nothing to discuss (shitcointalk kinda) or the majority of the community that knows of that post wants it closed. (giveaway closed 100%)

triggered

Same here, depending on the userbase Trolls and fudders can manipulate the market when the userbase gets big enough so i want to mods to be able to control that to an extent. - but i do not want the community to be censored it is a fine line to toe, and time will only tell. not so much locking or deleting but mod warnings etc... 

13 hours ago, jwinterm said:

Speaking of closing/locking topics, does it make sense to give thread creators the ability to lock topics (not just mods), as is the case on shitcointalk? Afaict I can't lock my own threads right now.

No user is able to lock a thread, But as the community grows we will adjust things as needed.