Cryptopia Hack/Liquidation - Page 2 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

Cryptopia Hack/Liquidation

I have some coins in cryptopia exchange and unable to withdraw any of them. This is very sad because there are many people's money on the exchange, but they have any responsibility about user's money at all.

• +1 1

l3.gif.db5b995a6e73a149ffa675fb3c0c585f.gif

I agree with some of the users above... seems an inside job and a cover up... they seem to be betting that the issue will be forgotten in time and the users consider their coins as lost...

unfortunately it is so easy to pull out scams like this... people trust their funds to the exchange and puffff.... it malfunctions and closes... same story around and around

• +1 1

21 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

Talking about the Binance hack, I loved the fact that they took the responsibility. They did not walk away with the clients money. They kept running their business and I am sure they already have recovered.

It was around 7000 BTC, I think it's nit a big amount for a giant exchange like Binance. Do they have any public financial statement? Or any other exchange? Would be great to have some lights on exchange's financial statement. 

• +1 1

2 hours ago, Consignee said:

It was around 7000 BTC, I think it's nit a big amount for a giant exchange like Binance. Do they have any public financial statement? Or any other exchange? Would be great to have some lights on exchange's financial statement. 

I do not know but surely 7000 BTC is a lot of money for any business. I was in fact surprised to learn that they were continuing after the hack. I think for a day or two the withdrawal was close coz I remember from BitcoinTalk the Pharmacist was taking about his NEO that he was lucky to pull them out or something.

3 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

This will likely go down as one of the best crypto heist in history. Cryptopia is reason most people advised against keeping funds on exchanges. This is so an inside job and am surprised no one is launching an enquiry into it. This is part of the scam we are talking about in crypto. Institutions stealing from small traders. Watch out the conditions for compensation will be very stringent

Ok there was a hack not related if that is inside job or not, hack coins is ETH and ERC20 tokens but why they "stuck" our not hack coins all others coins which is not ETH and ERC20 tokens?

They open withdraw for BTC,LTC,DOGE for few days and after that with message "NO PANIC" shut down exchange and now who knows how long we will wait to recovered our coins (not hack coins).

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

Cryptobia is a very bad wallet, but still I am very surprised by the efficiency of these people with various huge conclusions from their own wallet from other dudes. After this case at all now'm using only 2 purse which I trust on all a hundred percent.

cryptopia case is very simple because they had very weak security and the hacker was able to get in easily and thats their fault because with all the money they make from listing fees and also trading fees they shouldve made a better security team, now i dont know if they will ever repay their customers at all.

20 hours ago, jore1 said:

so not all exchanges and binance platforms are willing to pay money to those who lose money due to them and they are willing to accept the error.

no when binance was hacked for 7000 bitcoin a while ago they absolutely paid it back to the accounts which is why i always say its safe to trade in exchanges that can afford being hacked not a broke exchange like cryptopia and mercatox

19 hours ago, duncun007 said:

no when binance was hacked for 7000 bitcoin a while ago they absolutely paid it back to the accounts which is why i always say its safe to trade in exchanges that can afford being hacked not a broke exchange like cryptopia and mercatox

Sure, if they can afford to be hacked, but not all of them can be.  Mt. Gox didn't survive, nor did cryptsy.  Newcomers to the world of crypto may not realize how many times this has happened.  And to the best of my knowledge, cryptopia didn't survive.  That's a clear example of how a hack can crash an exchange and screw its customers over.

7 hours ago, Pearls Before Swine said:

Sure, if they can afford to be hacked, but not all of them can be.  Mt. Gox didn't survive, nor did cryptsy.  Newcomers to the world of crypto may not realize how many times this has happened.  And to the best of my knowledge, cryptopia didn't survive.  That's a clear example of how a hack can crash an exchange and screw its customers over.

yea i agree with you that hacking can take an exchange out of business but thats exactly why newbies need to make their own research about every exchange before starting to trade on it.

On 9/30/2019 at 4:55 PM, BullRunBit said:

It's pass over one month more without our coins (not important is hack coin or not).

To remind:

- Cryptopia was hacked on 13.01.2019, hacked coins ETH and ERC20 tokens

- Cryptopia open Deposit and Withdraw for BTC,LTC and DOGE on 15.04.2019 (3 months after hack, and withdraw only for selected coins)

- Cryptopia putt site into maintenance on 26.04.2019 (10 days after Deposit and Withdraw open they putt site info maintenance with message "No panic")

- Cryptopia "Limited appoints Grant Thornton as Liquidators" on 14.05.2019 (after around 20 days into maintenance they share this with this message "No panic" 😀)

Now is around 4.5 months after they share info about liquidation, and over one month without any report.

Last report was https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-20-august-2019/ 

I will share all info here, I really hope that we will get our coins back soon.

You are right and i also invest in cryptopia and i know that they are not going to send any coin to us because now they said that are trying to recover it and i am sure that they will not recover it again easily so forget your coins and now i invest money in yobit and wait for the market bull.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

19 hours ago, khan22 said:

You are right and i also invest in cryptopia and i know that they are not going to send any coin to us because now they said that are trying to recover it and i am sure that they will not recover it again easily so forget your coins and now i invest money in yobit and wait for the market bull.

but thats the disappointing part because we dont know if they will ever recover the money and if we will ever get our coins back, it was a mistake investing in cryptopia in the first place.

I hope everyone gets their money back, this is really unfortunate. 2019 was very bad for traders in the Crypto world. We have witnessed a lot of unfortunate events such as the decline of all markets as well as news of closing exchanges and portfolios and this news is the latest.

20 hours ago, BullRunBit said:

New update from Cryptopia 17.01.2020

Thanks for posting updates to this story. It feels bad for the users of that exchanges whose money is currently on hold because of this fiasco. They've been waiting for almost a year for their money by now.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

Until now cryptopia still not give a refund to the members so we should move on guys.. Find a trusted and popular exchange and should not put all your money in one exchange.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

when crypto exchange hacked on these days they share the list of some coin and my all funds are safe these are not in the hacked coin list .They start liquidation and now there is no new news what hapening.i think in this year they will come back.

Cryptopia replace in excess of is usually properly just one completely new gash for the entire of people, that any of us possibly be purported to definitely not sentence almost any transactions to help handhold your crypto, although throw away the item specific after you necessary the item, people make it possible for to help salvage one's billfold

I don't think cryptopia will start working again. In my opinion, all investments and cryptocurrencies will go back and then be closed forever. It will be difficult to restore a lost reputation so it will be closed forever. cryptopia I was listing 5000 pascal tokens which the exchange will probably return

• Useful or interesting 1

I will never recovery my funds of Cryptopia because I lost my 2FA few days before they closed and I never complete the KYC verification. BYE BYE MY MONEY.

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

On 9/30/2019 at 12:55 PM, BullRunBit said:

It's pass over one month more without our coins (not important is hack coin or not).

To remind:

- Cryptopia was hacked on 13.01.2019, hacked coins ETH and ERC20 tokens

- Cryptopia open Deposit and Withdraw for BTC,LTC and DOGE on 15.04.2019 (3 months after hack, and withdraw only for selected coins)

- Cryptopia putt site into maintenance on 26.04.2019 (10 days after Deposit and Withdraw open they putt site info maintenance with message "No panic")

- Cryptopia "Limited appoints Grant Thornton as Liquidators" on 14.05.2019 (after around 20 days into maintenance they share this with this message "No panic" 😀)

Now is around 4.5 months after they share info about liquidation, and over one month without any report.

Last report was https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-20-august-2019/ 

I will share all info here, I really hope that we will get our coins back soon.

We still have any news about cryptopia more than six month and every time they put some news abut the police investigation without any good news 

38 minutes ago, phomitith said:

The chance of an trade is hacked, in the event that done. Hack the trade at that point the trade must supplant the user's coins, the trade must be mindful.

Ok i see just be careful about hacking because they use all different way to hack you 

Nothing new all this time since the latest news release on Cryptopia. There was also a rumour that we will have to pass KYC for the shitcoins that we've left there. I don't even remember what I owned, besides a few Spankchain and Paccoin, whose price must be almost nothing by now. I'm not going to ever pass KYC with cryptopia and they can keep the useless coins and liquidate them for a few dollars. That was their plan all along.

After the hack of Cryptopia , users loses the huge amount of crypto currencies which were stored in the hot online wallets of the exchange. This is really bad news for we all crypto traders. What if the reputed exchanges start to hacked down by the scammers in the future? 

Cryptopia switch is perfectly one added laceration for every one of of us, that we be supposed to not suppose any exchanges to shut in our crypto, 

but take advantage of it lone as you basic it, and stay crypto on your have possession of hardware/software wallet