Are you afraid of hacking? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

Are you afraid of hacking?

There is huge amount of crypto stolen every year due to hacking?

Are you afraid of being hacked and what do you do to prevent hacking?

I am not afraid of hacking.... but I try to learn more every day to protect myself and my devices from hacking, phishing and scams

2 minutes ago, Glossy said:

Who is not afraid to be a victim of hacking? everyone is doing all they can just to earn and get profit in this cryptoworld.

That is why i bought a laptop which can be use only for cryptocurrency, i also not download new wallets on my personal computer just to prevent viruses, i do store my privatekeys properly.

Hack can happen with anyone. A little bit carelessness can cause the harm however it's up to us how we keep us secure.

If we are talking about crypto then two things I do:

~ I do not keep my coins in the exchanges

~ I keep my coins (bitcoins) in a multiSig wallet 

It's not easy to break a multiSig wallet. One device can be compromised but hacking multiple device in the same time is very hard work. Besides one device is always offline for me 😎

• Useful or interesting 1

It can be happen in so many stages, but for preventing use a safe computer and cold storage systems. There are lot of things that can help to protect from scammers. My account was hacked once upon a time, but there wasn't any money in it except crap tokens.

Hacking happens to the weak accounts that are being used rarely in open place or multiple PC's

55 minutes ago, Glossy said:

keeping you coin on exchanges is not a good idea, If you havign a coin or token which you want to have for a long time and waiting for the best profit it must be on your private wallet.

Tokens to keep on exchanges are those you are trading daily or if you are playing with it.

Look what happened to cryptopia.

Not too afraid, just take caution when i using my wallet. Afraid of getting hacked is not bad, it can make you more careful and take caution to prevent getting hacked. Just make sure you are using your wallet anywhere safely.

l3.gif.db5b995a6e73a149ffa675fb3c0c585f.gif

With enough information hacker can hack anyone, no matter what security you use. However, you must be aware of these and act to protect yourself. I think using paper wallet is the best solution for storing crypto. Creating wallet in offline and storing the private key in a safe place is enough to protect your fund.

Yes, everyone is afraid of getting hacked, 

Do prevent getting hacked you first need to ensure that the website that you are logging in is not a phishing site,

and also do not use the same password for different accounts.

As much as possible always enable 2fa auth if there is any, it will improved your account's security.

Yes I think most of as are afraid of hacking and saying goodbye to our precious coins 🙂 But the risk can be minimized by avoiding risky behaviours and implementing good habits.

I would be grateful if you would share some good habits when handling crypto.

18 hours ago, Glossy said:

Yes I think most of as are afraid of hacking and saying goodbye to our precious coins 🙂 But the risk can be minimized by avoiding risky behaviours and implementing good habits.

I would be grateful if you would share some good habits when handling crypto.

YOu can prevent your account to hack if you will never share any private keys to friends.

You will not enter it on any form online.

You will have a separate computer to use in cryptocurrency so you can avoid downloading harmful files.

Never DL new wallet with such viruses.

On 10/2/2019 at 10:38 AM, Consignee said:

I think using paper wallet is the best solution for storing crypto.

I  have read stories that paper wallet was also compromised. I can not remember the exact reason but it looked like me that it was possible.

I always trust multiSig wallet with keys stored in different devices. If anyone wants to move your fund then they will need access of all device or information of all keys which is very impossible.

5 hours ago, Kingjames said:

I'm afraid because With the rate of internet fraud that are going on everyday one need to be careful, even our local bank account are being hacked everyday talk more of crypto wallet that are 100% online, and majority of traders here are very smart in terms of transactions, many investors loose their tokens and coin any time there is swamping.

If you follow certain rules, and you are aware of, you are 99% okay. Unless you yourself get trapped into hackers attempt, I am sure 99.99% hackers will not be able to reach you. Just be aware.

yes i am always afraid of hacking, because there are some exchanges which have already hacking attackes and many funds was stolen, by this never happens on yobit, it is a good high security exchange.

Hard Worker 😎😎

Of course yes, I'm also afraid of hacking, I'm afraid losing all cryptos in my wallet if hackers found out my private keys. We should careful what we access in the website because some of them cloning like a real one, but it's a fake.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

5 minutes ago, Shabbir81 said:

I am not afraid for hacking because i m careful for wallets and exchange information in early i also lost my stock from cryptopia exchange.

Yes Cryptopia hack was hard hit to Cryptocurrency world, specially to the people who had lots of altcoins..

Not afraid but careful with my address my private keys and check every web site before you enter and more and more  

actually I'm worried about the existence of such hackers because I don't know how to do hacking, but what I'm trying to do now is how to protect myself and my device from the hacking.

Now there is a lot of information on how to protect your assets from hacking. By following a series of rules for your safety, you can be calm and not be attacked. Just a little care and caution. Much faster you can suffer from your own recklessness and lose money from your own stupidity.

pxf.jpg

as long as you use a secure way to store your assets there is no way to worry about getting hacked,

don't save password, private keys, 2FA recovery keys on a online device or a cloud or an email

use secure wallets like hardware wallets and print recovery keys or private keys on a paper and keep that paper in the safest place

also I suggest you to don't keep your assets for a long time in a exchange website

Edited by Mohs3n71

Of course I'm afraid of hacking, so I think that it is necessary to take minimal measures to protect your data and wallets. This will not protect 100%, but even in the event of a hacking attempt, you may have time to react.

I'm not too afraid of hacking because most of my backups are stored offline and all of my social media accounts have 2fa security on them. 

Join Jackbit today and start claiming free coins worth up to 10$ every 10 minutes.

do not click every link you see, keep your privat keys on usb-flash, install antivirus on your pc and you do not have to afraid of hacking attacks.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:21 PM, Glossy said:

I've heard so many stories of people getting hacked and have all their funds stolen or those phishing websites that looks like the real one and after you enter your private keys you end up losing your funds.  Thats the part of crypto that I don't like because one hack can ruin your life.