What happened here? Why did my posts get deleted? - Off Topic - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
banano

What happened here? Why did my posts get deleted?

I have previously (today) made several posts here, including an ANN which took time to format properly. After 1 hour or so everything was deleted and account was restricted. No reason was given and I didn't do anything wrong, I just made very few productive comments. I used the contact form but no answer. Account now seems unblocked. I'll surely not post everything again and invest time before this is clarified. So please clarify.

Remember key in crypto is about avoiding censorship.

BANANO - Don't Let Your Memes Be Dreams!

Well I made an ANN that I modified from our original BitcoinTalk ANN post. Also, I made some comments that totally were ok. Just imaging how you would feel if mods delete all your posts right now, without giving any reason.

As far as I see this is a new platform and such things can happen. However I feel it is understandable that I get some feedback for what happened, and reason why it happened. If there would be random censorship on this platform it'd obviously have no future at all anyway.

If there is spam that obviously should always be deleted. However, my comments weren't spam. Thus, I am hereby just asking constructively if there are rules (I didn't find any), and if I might have violated any rule. I assume that's a reasonable thing to do before reposting the same posts as before.

For reference, I have copied content from my/our original BitcoinTalk ANN here after aligning formatting, original can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5165788

This is no plagiarism since I wrote every word in that post.

Maybe someone reported it, or moderators deleted it for some other reason.

Same happened to my Bitcoin links topics.

I would like to see some notification and reason explanation why thy delete post/topics.

Rules should clarify this

Edited by hexwin

1 hour ago, banano said:

I have previously (today) made several posts here, including an ANN which took time to format properly. After 1 hour or so everything was deleted and account was restricted. No reason was given and I didn't do anything wrong, I just made very few productive comments. I used the contact form but no answer. Account now seems unblocked. I'll surely not post everything again and invest time before this is clarified. So please clarify.

Even you spent times on formatting the post and post it here the mods still have the right to delete it.

WHY? the post you made is not originally from you and you didn't write it yourself.

Did you give credits to the original poster? like the link where you get the thread?
i will be honest most of the thread that is an "ANN THREAD" are from BTT originally and that is plagiarism!

You just need to copy the title and post the summary of it then the link below you dont need to post the whole page!

52 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

Even you spent times on formatting the post and post it here the mods still have the right to delete it.

WHY? the post you made is not originally from you and you didn't write it yourself.

Did you give credits to the original poster? like the link where you get the thread?
i will be honest most of the thread that is an "ANN THREAD" are from BTT originally and that is plagiarism!

You just need to copy the title and post the summary of it then the link below you dont need to post the whole page!

As mentioned above, the post was originally written/created by me. Every single word. If you scroll up you'll read my statement: "This is no plagiarism since I wrote every word in that post."

I have no idea what BTT has to do with it. I recommmend to be fully informed before accusing anyone for plagiarism.

So to be clear, I am from the team BANANO and have copied our ANN post from bitcointalk (it's my content, no plagiarism at all, happy to prove that if required). I am pretty sure it's nothing this forum should strive for to only contain links to somewhere else when people just could read the relevant content here directly.

Having that said, if the mods have the right to delete whatever I write, anytime, without the need to give reasons for that, then this forum is nothing I want to participate anymore in. I still have hope this is something people are working on though.

Just now, banano said:

As mentioned above, the post was originally written/created by me. Every single word. If you scroll up you'll read my statement: "This is no plagiarism since I wrote every word in that post."

did you create in on your own? your own words?

Or it can be seen on the other forum same messages and information.

You just created it here by posting and editing some picture? or you di create even those imformative pictures with letters>

1 minute ago, cryptokram said:

did you create in on your own? your own words?

Or it can be seen on the other forum same messages and information.

You just created it here by posting and editing some picture? or you di create even those imformative pictures with letters>

It's an ANN for BANANO project. I am in the core team of BANANO. I posted it at bitcointalk originally and wrote everything myself, in my own words. Yes.

Then I copied it over here with few modifications to have an informative start for people interested in BANANO here as well, and would use it to provide updates.

I'm not sure what the question is about here, it's all created by BANANO for this. I am representing BANANO there and here.

Also, not only this ANN post was deleted, but also ALL my other comments in different other threads.

Also, not only this ANN post was deleted, but also ALL my other comments in different other threads.

I have nothing to say about this as i dont really know what happened and who deleted it!

It's an ANN for BANANO project. I am in the core team of BANANO. I posted it at bitcointalk originally and wrote everything myself, in my own words. Yes.

You created it! the you have the copy of those post! i am sure you realign it before posting on Bitcointalk.

You should use the soft copy also here and reconstruct it like what you did before on other forum!

But , at the end i really dont know what is the reason!

Well, whatever, it seems very unclear to me what to expect here. Chronology how things happened:

1) I register

2) I post an ANN thread

3) I make several comments in different unrelated threads

4) Account gets restricted and all posts are deleted without comment

5) I go to contact button and ask for 'why'

6) Account gets unrestricted, I get no answer

To me this shows there has either been a mistake or the mods have no actual option to directly tell people why they do stuff, or both. Happy to hear any other reasonable explanation.

If someone suspected plagiarism, there was no need to delete all my posts and comments.

If I violated a rule and my account restrict was for a reason, it wouldn't have been reversed.

Hope you understand the flawed logic here. Hope you guys find a solution.

Just finished reading all the comments. I think the best answer you will be able to get from the who deleted it if the mods has a log of course.

Rest assure, I have had a chat with a mod and I can tell that without any reason they will not delete it. 

So let's wait and don't take it too hard. It's just one topic. Keep doing the things your are good at.

Maybe some misunderstanding happened here, moderators might not knowing that you are the creator of the contents from other forum. Seems like your account is back and alright now. Do you have your posts back ?

By the way, your profile background GIF is cool 🥰

l3.gif.db5b995a6e73a149ffa675fb3c0c585f.gif

7 minutes ago, lev said:

Maybe some misunderstanding happened here, moderators might not knowing that you are the creator of the contents from other forum. Seems like your account is back and alright now. Do you have your posts back ?

By the way, your profile background GIF is cool 🥰

Thanks 🙂

I don't have my posts back, no, they all go deleted. However my account seems to work normally.

After not getting a real reason for the delete I have posted it again here:

I really hope it won't get deleted again. @Admin should there be any problem with it please ask me first or tell me what the problem was. Thanks.

Edited by banano
typo

your posts will be got deleted when the are useless and no related to any topic and not related to crypt, then admin delete your post and you have to post meaningful post on this forum.

Hard Worker 😎😎

But we can not create a topic on the market without noting statistics and daily calculations it is for that after having deleted two of my subjects I stopped to open new topics and I pass you to read how to evaluate the forum

I don't know about your posts, but the annpouncement was deleted because of the rules of the Coin/Token Announcement section.

1. Only Announcement thread from ICO/IEO/STO.

Does your project run one of those (I can't find anything ICO-IEO-STO related on the ann thread)? If not, then this is the reason.

On 10/1/2019 at 7:18 PM, hexwin said:

Maybe someone reported it, or moderators deleted it for some other reason.

Same happened to my Bitcoin links topics.

I would like to see some notification and reason explanation why thy delete post/topics.

Rules should clarify this

I should have read this thread before because this is what happened also to my thread with links to crypto news sites, the whole thing is gone and I'm trying to find a rule that I broke 😕

maybe the mod thinks your post is spam and therefore the mod deletes your post that is considered spam or someone is reporting your post

1. Reports from users

2. Mods deleted it

3. You spammed

This could be some reasons that your posts got deleted so make sure you read the rules and you're no follow other examples.

On 10/1/2019 at 4:34 PM, banano said:

Your post will only get deleted if they are deemed to be inappropriate it doesn't matter what the content of posts is, If they are regarded as spam, they'll get deleted.

I think you should have added bitcointalk forum link as source. 

As i see you posted already in other site . So some one would have reported you to mode regarding duplicate content .

So try to read rules act wisely according to it . 

If you have future query you can contact mod for help 🙂

On 10/17/2019 at 6:29 PM, Madara said:

1. Reports from users

2. Mods deleted it

3. You spammed

This could be some reasons that your posts got deleted so make sure you read the rules and you're no follow other examples.

or if you post in a topic and that topic get deleted by moderators then your posts in that topic will be deleted too