Cryptopia Hack/Liquidation - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BullRunBit

Cryptopia Hack/Liquidation

It's pass over one month more without our coins (not important is hack coin or not).

To remind:

- Cryptopia was hacked on 13.01.2019, hacked coins ETH and ERC20 tokens

- Cryptopia open Deposit and Withdraw for BTC,LTC and DOGE on 15.04.2019 (3 months after hack, and withdraw only for selected coins)

- Cryptopia putt site into maintenance on 26.04.2019 (10 days after Deposit and Withdraw open they putt site info maintenance with message "No panic")

- Cryptopia "Limited appoints Grant Thornton as Liquidators" on 14.05.2019 (after around 20 days into maintenance they share this with this message "No panic" 😀)

Now is around 4.5 months after they share info about liquidation, and over one month without any report.

Last report was https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-20-august-2019/ 

I will share all info here, I really hope that we will get our coins back soon.

• Useful or interesting 4

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

Well don't worry sharing. I doubt that they were hacked or any thing like that. I firmly believe that it was inside job. They needed an excuse to run away. 

Have you not noticed they tried it twice as well? 2nd time when the opened they did not allow withdrawal but one has given access to deposit. They wanted to take as much as they can and they did!

Funny thing is that in bitcoinTalk they talk about preventing scamers and scams but I have seen few of cryptophia shills are still having good time. Back in the days they were shilling cryptophia day and night. They were telling they were doing it for free but since cryptopia gone they are not working for peanut paid scale (signature campaign) LOL.

They might be hacked but there must be a good time to open the exchange for the people to get out there belongings. 

I am one of those users who trapped the tokens there, i still have big amount on that exchange.

IF they will conttinue this, they might be good as theft also.

Just now, xBDT Script said:

Well don't worry sharing. I doubt that they were hacked or any thing like that. I firmly believe that it was inside job. They needed an excuse to run away. 

Have you not noticed they tried it twice as well? 2nd time when the opened they did not allow withdrawal but one has given access to deposit. They wanted to take as much as they can and they did!

Funny thing is that in bitcoinTalk they talk about preventing scamers and scams but I have seen few of cryptophia shills are still having good time. Back in the days they were shilling cryptophia day and night. They were telling they were doing it for free but since cryptopia gone they are not working for peanut paid scale (signature campaign) LOL.

Yes there was a discussion about inside job ("hack"), I read about that and I read this story too "Version of the story of cryptopia from developer him self how it start & end.".

I must to correct you, when they open Deposit and Withdraw they do that just for BTC,LTC and DOGE and I personally sell some of my altcoins and buy DOGE and withdraw without problem. But that is a problematic part, I had to sell my altcoin on price I did not want to sell just to withdraw some of my coins (I sell one quarter of my altcoins there). 

And there are my major question, my coins is not hacked (it's not ETH or ERC20 token) and I have chance to sell and withdraw why the problem was to do same thing when they putt site info maintenance.

Just share that will be liquidation and that people withdraw their not hack coins, as simple as that.

4 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

Just share that will be liquidation and that people withdraw their not hack coins, as simple as that.

Man I know that pain. I have lost 0.1+BTC worth of ETN with them. It's not just me there are thousands of users who lost their coins with them.

In this industry exit scam is very easy. You tell them that your site was compromised and take no responsibility. I kinda liked Binance. When they were hacked they took the responsibility on them.

• +3 1

Just now, cryptokram said:

They might be hacked but there must be a good time to open the exchange for the people to get out there belongings. 

I am one of those users who trapped the tokens there, i still have big amount on that exchange.

IF they will conttinue this, they might be good as theft also.

Do you have ETH / ERC20 or some other Alts or BTC?

Whole community truck hacked coins, from address to address and to all that address name was/is "Cryptopia Hacker 1,2,3".

Here is one of address https://etherscan.io/address/0xc8b759860149542a98a3eb57c14aadf59d6d89b9

"Warning! There are reports that this address is involved in Cryptopia's hack. Please exercise caution when interacting with this address."

Man I know that pain. I have lost 0.1+BTC worth of ETN with them. It's not just me there are thousands of users who lost their coins with them.

In this industry exit scam is very easy. You tell them that your site was compromised and take no responsibility. I kinda liked Binance. When they were hacked they took the responsibility on them.

Good point, Binance exceeded that situation simple and clean (just professionally).

I know man, I check day by day for report and a lot of people do same thing.

I heard about ETN and ETN team join in discussion about all situation.

I learn on hard way that nobody must not hold coins on exchange exactly because of situation like this, exchange can be closed just like that and how much time is necessary and will you at all get coins back is big question.

One thing I know now for sure, exchange is not wallet.

2 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

One thing I know now for sure, exchange is not wallet.

Haha, I am wondering how long you are in this space (I mean in the crypto space). Do you have holding in Bitcoin? Remember this: "Not your key, not your coin"

Feel free to PM me or post here if you need bitcoin wallet related any help. Remember another thing: Do not share your seed/private key and wallet file with anyone. Giving it away means you have chance to lose the coins.

• Useful or interesting 1

Haha, I am wondering how long you are in this space (I mean in the crypto space). Do you have holding in Bitcoin? Remember this: "Not your key, not your coin"

Feel free to PM me or post here if you need bitcoin wallet related any help. Remember another thing: Do not share your seed/private key and wallet file with anyone. Giving it away means you have chance to lose the coins.

If you can believe me I'm long time "in", but first time to face with situation like this.

I read lot of negative things about Yobit, but I dont have any problem (many years) with that exchange,

I read good things about Cryptopia, and this is what happened.

People just write things without to look at the whole picture, Yobit is bad because they (users) send ETH from smart contract or just dont read red letter that wallet is offline and Cryptopia is good because they have/had lot of shitcoins.

I will make tatoo, "Not your key, not your coin" 😀

1 minute ago, BullRunBit said:

I will make tatoo, "Not your key, not your coin" 😀

😃

Well this is a very popular saying in this space. I am thinking to launch a t-shirt brand with this phrase LOL.

2 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

I read lot of negative things about Yobit, but I dont have any problem (many years) with that exchange,

My personal experience is the same. I never had issue with YoBit. In fact I once had very quick response from their customer service. It's the ignorant users who has no clue what they are doing and end of the day they blame the exchange. However I still think Yobit customer support needs more action 😄

3 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

I read good things about Cryptopia, and this is what happened.

I never had good faith in them however those coins were some coins that I was okay to lose.

😃

Well this is a very popular saying in this space. I am thinking to launch a t-shirt brand with this phrase LOL.

My personal experience is the same. I never had issue with YoBit. In fact I once had very quick response from their customer service. It's the ignorant users who has no clue what they are doing and end of the day they blame the exchange. However I still think Yobit customer support needs more action 😄

I never had good faith in them however those coins were some coins that I was okay to lose.

Good idea, front side "Not your key?" back side "Not your coin!" 😀

And below advertisement for Ledger hardware wallet 😀

Exactly, they dont know what is problem and still they are complaining on support.

About Cryptopia, in last report they share that they must to "review" all users one by one and in some discussion we come to over 1 year is necessary to they "review" all users. And there are KYC (they share that all users must to do KYC to get coins) and I think this situation will continue. Who know when we will get back our coins.

34 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

Good idea, front side "Not your key?" back side "Not your coin!" 😀

And below advertisement for Ledger hardware wallet 😀

With a QR code of your referral link or a custom domain which will redirect to your referral link. Man! we just came up with some very creative idea of advertising 🤪 I mean seriously this will be a big way of advertising referral link.

36 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

I think this situation will continue. Who know when we will get back our coins.

I doubt LOL not that I care much. I hope there are not many users who lost a lot.

Cryptopia exchange is just one more lesion for all of us, that we should not trust any exchanges to hold our crypto, 

but use it only when you need it, and keep crypto on your own hardware/software wallet

I have lost as well. It was a very hard time for me. I think there's no way of getting back anything, if it was possible, we would get back earlier. May be it was an inside job as like xBDT said.

1 hour ago, hexwin said:

Cryptopia exchange is just one more lesion for all of us, that we should not trust any exchanges to hold our crypto, 

Correct but sad thing is that still people do not learn from this kind of accident. If we do a vote we will see a lot of people are keeping their coins in exchanges.

Even I know one person in real life that he keeps his coins in Exchange. His excuse is that he does not have much and he splitted them with several exchanges.

That is why I always prefer and recommend DEX exchanges.

They are much  more secure, but not perfect.

We need to work together to make them better

Just now, Consignee said:

I have lost as well. It was a very hard time for me. I think there's no way of getting back anything, if it was possible, we would get back earlier. May be it was an inside job as like xBDT said.

Now is things little different (from the beginning), now is liquidation in process and Cryptopia owners dont have any rights, now we only talk/write with Grant Thornton team.

I read on some site that some of Cryptopia owners (one owner) try to open other exchange (after Cryptopia shut down) and design of exchange is similar like Cryptopia. 😀

About getting back our coins, I thing that we will get back coins but right question is when and how much (because I heard about cut loss).

43 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

With a QR code of your referral link or a custom domain which will redirect to your referral link. Man! we just came up with some very creative idea of advertising 🤪 I mean seriously this will be a big way of advertising referral link.

Idea for a million bucks 😀

QR code is great addition, I can imagine whole design 👕😊

1 minute ago, BullRunBit said:

I read on some site that some of Cryptopia owners (one owner) try to open other exchange (after Cryptopia shut down) and design of exchange is similar like Cryptopia. 😀

I don't know its a rumor or a true news. I have heard that Novaexchange will merge with Cryptopia to help them out and share the loss as well. Who knows, may be true. I wish Cryptopia get back and refund our balance.

5 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

QR code is great addition, I can imagine whole design 👕😊

Let's do partnership. I live in a country where garments industry is big, contacting with a garment will give me an idea of the production cost. Then we have design cost and marketing cost.

We will require a website and budget to market,. We will also need people for inventory.

What do you think?

1 minute ago, Consignee said:

I wish Cryptopia get back and refund our balance.

Not that I care much but if they really can refund the coins of the investors then it would be nice. However I doubt they will do such thing.

Edited by xBDT Script

Cryptopia dont need to refund the balance, they must unlock the website or the account and let the owner atleast withdraw their belongings.

Give even a day for all the users before. Even me i still have a lot to withdraw there.

Bitcoin

Ethereum

Loyalcoin and many more

Cryptopia was hack and now they want to get back to it by hacking the users wallet.

Just now, Consignee said:

I don't know its a rumor or a true news. I have heard that Novaexchange will merge with Cryptopia to help them out and share the loss as well. Who knows, may be true. I wish Cryptopia get back and refund our balance.

Novaexchange? I heard that this exchange closed too similar thing some hack or something like that, but I dont believe about that news. It's better to mix theirs exchange first.

Let's do partnership. I live in a country where garments industry is big, contacting with a garment will give me an idea of the production cost. Then we have design cost and marketing cost.

We will require a website and budget to market,. We will also need people for inventory.

What do you think?

Honestly idea is good, and I will gladly do that but my financial situation screams "NO we can not do that" 😀

Of course if feasible for you, you can do that you have all rights from me haha 😀

Just now, cryptokram said:

Cryptopia dont need to refund the balance, they must unlock the website or the account and let the owner atleast withdraw their belongings.

Give even a day for all the users before. Even me i still have a lot to withdraw there.

Bitcoin

Ethereum

Loyalcoin and many more

Cryptopia was hack and now they want to get back to it by hacking the users wallet.

If you are not following news/report just to remind you Cryptopia shut down and site is closed you can not withdraw coins from site. When they open withdraw probably would be manually and there are KYC you need to do that if you want to withdraw coins.

Just now, BullRunBit said:

Honestly idea is good, and I will gladly do that but my financial situation screams "NO we can not do that" 😀

I hope you become better financially brother. I know how hard it to say. However I really found this idea worth trying. If one can supply the products worldwide then the business will have two income stream.

One is by selling the merchandise and and another is by getting referral commission 😊

Back to the topic: Let's see if cryptopia back or not LOL

19 minutes ago, BullRunBit said:

Novaexchange? I heard that this exchange closed too similar thing some hack or something like that, but I dont believe about that news. It's better to mix theirs exchange first

They have come back earlier. For your info, when Novaexchange got hacked, cryptopia listed all the coins which was available in Novaexchange. It was a benefit for cryptopia though. However, I too don't believe in this news.

18 hours ago, xBDT Script said:

I hope you become better financially brother. I know how hard it to say. However I really found this idea worth trying. If one can supply the products worldwide then the business will have two income stream.

One is by selling the merchandise and and another is by getting referral commission 😊

Back to the topic: Let's see if cryptopia back or not LOL

I don't think it will come back, not after all what happened. The lack of communication when hack happened is at best impolite. They lost the trust of their customers and nothing can bring it back now.

It is not the first hack in crypto world, but for example Binance when they were hacked, tried to be transparent about that. Cryptopia was "under maintanance" for a few weeks assuring everyone that everything is ok.

15 minutes ago, Glossy said:

It is not the first hack in crypto world, but for example Binance when they were hacked, tried to be transparent about that. Cryptopia was "under maintanance" for a few weeks assuring everyone that everything is ok.

Well we have seen fake death of CEO of exchange and a lot like others. All of them ends up giving the excuse of being hacked. Now no one knows the reality.

Talking about the Binance hack, I loved the fact that they took the responsibility. They did not walk away with the clients money. They kept running their business and I am sure they already have recovered.

• Useful or interesting 1