Hardware Wallets - Page 2 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Hardware Wallets

What hardware wallet are you using?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What hardware wallet are you using?

• Ledger Nano S
    • Ledger Nano X
    • Trezor T
    • Trezor One
    • KeepKey
    • Safepal
    • I don't use any hardware wallet

1 minute ago, xBDT Script said:

Smart phones are GSM activated so yes I do not see any exception with those old type of phones and smart phone 😊

I know what GSM is, but there has nothing to do with security risk if you use it as hardware wallet,

if you turn off Wi-Fi and internet, and if you remove SIM card.

It is like you are using old computer without internet access, as cold storage.

2 minutes ago, hexwin said:

if you turn off Wi-Fi and internet, and if you remove SIM card.

It is like you are using old computer without internet access, as cold storage.

Take off your sim card and dial the emergency number 😊

Problem solved!

Do not miss to write the update here 🤪

1 minute ago, xBDT Script said:

Take off your sim card and dial the emergency number 😊

Problem solved!

Do not miss to write the update here 🤪

I will also wait that emergency service call me back.

We can have nice talk, and maybe I introduce them with crypto and Bitcoin

3 minutes ago, hexwin said:

We can have nice talk, and maybe I introduce them with crypto and Bitcoin

Don't find yourself in jail if you are in a zone where they do not legalized crypto yet 😆

However nice idea. Keep calling the emergency number and tell them to buy bitcoin LOL

Just now, xBDT Script said:

Don't find yourself in jail if you are in a zone where they do not legalized crypto yet 😆

However nice idea. Keep calling the emergency number and tell them to buy bitcoin LOL

You have to admit this is a nice idea...
traveling the world, calling emergency service, and work more on crypto adoption, without spending a single satoshi or phone minutes credit

Just now, hexwin said:

traveling the world, calling emergency service, and work more on crypto adoption, without spending a single satoshi or phone minutes credit

Have you tired it yet or just banging your keyboard 😆

I am still waiting for the report if it works without the sim card. You should be knowing that I am too lazy for it 😊

Video example about Old smartPhone used as a Hardware wallet:

And I know a lot of smart and rich people that are doing the same thing 😉

8 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Video example about Old smartPhone used as a Hardware wallet:

And I know a lot of smart and rich people that are doing the same thing 😉

Easy peasy lol

Install Mycelium have the public address, keep the phone in somewhere safe place.

But I have a question:

If it's android then google will keep back up

If it's iPhone the iCloud will keep back up

May you want to disconnect the accounts too.

I always feel same with writing down the seed in a paper or any kind of physical form.  

Yeah, you can just  reset your Smartphone to zero, and disconnect.

Remove everything and just have one wallet app installed, Monarch, Mycelium or Electrum.

Also add some strong password, and keep phone in safe place.

It is cheapest HW you can find, BUT you need to keep your private key backup, no mater what wallet you are using.

Edited by hexwin

Im have not using any hard wallet yet because i only use free wallet.

Although hard wallet is not free, it will be worth for your investment security. Peoples who want to holding some coins in long time should using hard wallet to prevent any loss.

l3.gif.db5b995a6e73a149ffa675fb3c0c585f.gif

Proper name is HARDWARE wallet.

It is not expensive at all.

It can be very cheap: Safepal, old Smartphone....

Ledger Nano S is also pretty cheap now when new model came.

Personally I don't use hardware wallet, I hold my BTC on paper wallet and use Mycellium to transfer it to other wallets.

For ETH transactions I use Metamask. It served me well so far 🙂

On 10/1/2019 at 11:14 AM, hexwin said:

Cheapest hardware wallet you can find so far is SafePal - The first hardware wallet invested and backed by Binance...

https://www.safepal.io/

But it seems to be not  HD wallet. I would prefer to have BIP-39 compatible  hardware wallet which allows to chose the  SEED phrase to generate private keys. In this way all l  have to do  to back up my private keys is to keep that SEED safe.

Edited by cryptex

1 hour ago, cryptex said:

But it seems to be not  HD wallet. I would prefer to have BIP-39 compatible  hardware wallet which allows to chose the  SEED phrase to generate private keys. In this way all l  have to do  to back up my private keys is to keep that SEED safe.

This wallet allows you to choose your SEED phrase when you start it for the first time.
So you can choose 12, 18 or 24 words phrase.
One review example:
https://bitsonline.com/safepal-s1-review/

What hardware wallet are you using?

Ledger Nano user here. Never experienced any problems with it. Plus it's more secured.

Well,

3 minutes ago, hexwin said:

This wallet allows you to choose your SEED phrase when you start it for the first time.
So you can choose 12, 18 or 24 words phrase.
One review example:
https://bitsonline.com/safepal-s1-review/

Well, that makes all the difference, but still I would prefer to have HD wallet by  well recognized trademark like Ledger  which over the time shown its safety.

So the result clearly shows majority are not owning any hardware wallets and with that means their most of funds are in risk and must be on exchanges or online wallets.

1 hour ago, cryptex said:

Well,

Well, that makes all the difference, but still I would prefer to have HD wallet by  well recognized trademark like Ledger  which over the time shown its safety.

Safepal is using exact same chip as Ledger is using....
I prefer Ledger, but if someone wants cheaper version he can go with Safepal also

On 10/16/2019 at 5:23 PM, hatemelpop said:

Not using one because I am a holder. My keys are safely stored offline. For small purchases I just use my phone which is fine I think. If I was going to get one I would probably get a trezor. Don't know why but I like the name.

actually I think its much better for holders to have a hardware wallet as traders just keep their money in exchanges to trade every day and don't bother themselves with transferring money between wallet and exchange everyday

We can add this new smartphone from HTC as a new hardware device that can also be used as a phone.
Lets hope we can have more similar devices that will bring price down even more

1 hour ago, Bashir007 said:

The most secure way you can store your Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies is on a hardware wallet. ... The Ledger Nano X is Ledger’s flagship when it comes to hardware wallets. 

Hardware wallet is very secure as compare to online and offline wallet but there are many peoples who have no idea about the hardware wallet that how to use it so that is why they are not more taking interests in hardware wallet.

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

On 9/29/2019 at 7:11 PM, hexwin said:

Hardware wallets are very important for securing your cryptocurrencies 

and protecting them from stealing or hacking.

Please VOTE and choose what wallet you prefer and use.

I do not use hardware wallet .I used cold .If i use hardware wallet i would go for  Ledger Nano S or Trezor  One.Because i heard they are very good.If some one have good suggestion for me .I would gladly hear your thoughts.

I don't use any hard ware now. I will use them once I get enough  crypto to store now i am looking to find a good way to earn

I use a hardware wallet to store important digital assets that I own. This is to further enhance the security of the assets that I have from hacker attacks. So for those who have not used it immediately to buy and use hardware wallet.